Storing Digital Photos
From camera to computer and beyond
You've just taken the greatest photo of your life. But what do you do with it now?
Here are the basic steps that you can take to ensure that this special photo is stored and preserved for a long time to come:
- First, get the photo off of your memory card and onto a hard drive.
- The next step is optional: name the photographic file something meaningful.
- Once named, you can take a closer look at the photograph in a software photo album.
- Even though it's the best photo you have ever taken, you might still want to edit it.
- The last step: tag the photo with relevant words so you can find it a year from now.
That sounds like an awful lot of work, doesn't it?
The good news is that it is not really as bad as it sounds, and we'll walk you through each step of the process to make some sense out of it. The really good news is that if you follow these steps every time you take a photo, you will be one of the few people on the block who can actually find your favorite photos instantly when you want to show them off.
So come on! Let's get started.